Since its founding in 2004, the Compassion Outreach Center has been providing medical, pharmaceutical, dental, and vision services for residents of Pontotoc County who do not have health insurance or alternative access to healthcare.
The Center is a non-profit organization financially supported by a variety of sources including monetary and in-kind contributions as well as grant funding. It is guided by a Board of Directors comprised of nine members of the community.
We are currently undergoing an extensive renovation that will allow us to expand our in-house care to include select dental services and more!
We can't wait to show you what we have planned!
More than 30 practitioners across many specialties volunteer their services for more than 1,200 patient visits every year! That means our Doctors, Nurse Practitioners, Physicians Assistants, optometrists, dentists, dermatologists, pharmacists, and counselors volunteer more than 1,400 to provide care for our patients!
Frequently Asked Questions
Who do we serve?
- Any adult Citizen of Pontotoc County without health insurance, CDIB Card, Medicaid, or Medicare.
What medical care do we provide?
- General consultation, free medication, limited lab work, and referrals to specialists.
Can I call my doctor if i have questions?
- Our Doctors, Physician Assistants, and Nurse Practitioners are volunteers, and are only available when they are present at the Compassion Outreach Center. For questions about your care, call us at (580)310-1021.
How will I get my prescriptions?
- We are able to cover most prescription drugs. Certain drugs like insulin, inhalers, and others will require enrollment in a prescription program - we will take care of the necessary paperwork.
I'm not sick, should I still call for an appointment?
- Yes! As long as you have no insurance coverage and you live in Pontotoc County, we can provide you with free screenings, referrals and to dentistry, eye care, and more.